Big download OK-ERROR.

JB Data31

May 25, 2019, 5:03:50 PM5/25/19
to Fiddler
Hi,

I use Fiddler as an internet proxy and it's very useful, but I have an issue with big downloads.
As you can see on the screenshot, when download is big, there is an OK (result = 200) ERROR (Red flag).
Client side download fails.
Why result is OK and download fails ? Is there a specific config to let big downloads continue ?

Help appreciate.

Fiddler-BIG-0.jpg

EricLaw

May 26, 2019, 10:21:52 AM5/26/19
to Fiddler
Right-click the Session and choose Properties. Look at the content of the dialog, which may explain what went wrong. Also, look at the LOG tab.

If you're on 32bit Windows, the most likely explanation is that Fiddler ran out of address space; see https://textslashplain.com/2015/10/16/whats-new-in-fiddler-4-6-0-7/ for discussion, especially the Stream and Forget option.

JB Data31

May 27, 2019, 1:03:14 AM5/27/19
to Fiddler
Thanks for your answer.

My fiddler is 64b, v5.0.20182.28034 for .NET 4.5.
To achieve my upgrade, I use Stream an Forget option with an odd GUI behavior.
The field is "locked up" with 2 147,48 mb, can't increase with up arrow, but I can set a bigger value in the field, that disappears when OK-closing...

EricLaw

May 27, 2019, 8:22:37 AM5/27/19
to Fiddler
Hrm. 64bit Fiddler should never run out of Address space, unless your PC has a low amount of physical memory and/or you've disabled the Windows Page file. So it's possible that your network connection is actually interrupting this download.

Yes, 2gb is the maximum value of that field (Fiddler will always Forget/Stream larger responses), but in this case your goal is to lower that value to the size of the largest response that you care to inspect. In your case, it sounds like you should set a value of 100MB or so such that your bigger responses are not interrupted.

JB Data31

May 27, 2019, 6:40:08 PM5/27/19
to Fiddler
Memory issue is a likely option because my host is very memory-busy.
Thanks for those explanations, 100 Mb I keep this value in mind for next upgrade.

fiddler is a top soft of dev experts toolbox.