[Fiddler Core] Help to save the traffic in PCAP Format

manuel gatbunton

Jul 8, 2016, 1:57:50 AM7/8/16
to Fiddler
This is my first time to play with FiddlerCore. Do you know guys which command can save my HTTP/HTTPS traffic in PCAP format?
Thanks in advance

EricLaw

Jul 8, 2016, 1:37:31 PM7/8/16
to Fiddler
Fiddler is a HTTP/HTTPS proxy, and captures at a layer just above raw packets. While you could build an exporter that writes to PCAP format, it would be "fake" insofar as Fiddler doesn't have the raw packets, it only has all of the data.

Can you elaborate on what you'd do with PCAP files if you had them?

manuel gatbunton

Jul 9, 2016, 1:56:45 AM7/9/16
to Fiddler
Thanks Eric for the reply. Actually, what i want is to have a backup copy of traffic in SAZ and PCAP format, the SAZ file will be used for autoreplay and ill be using the PCAP to extract binaries/files from it, but sometimes the binary is encrypted and i have to manually decrypt it (example XOR).

BTW, just bought your book about Fiddler, it's very informative and easy to understand. Thanks:D

EricLaw

Jul 9, 2016, 9:12:17 AM7/9/16
to Fiddler
Why not just extract the files and binaries from the SAZ file directly?

manuel gatbunton

Jul 9, 2016, 9:26:51 AM7/9/16
to Fiddler
Thanks Eric, yeah i decided to extract the files from SAZ file directly;) thanks for the help.