Switching to Chrome for as the default browser

Charlie Clark

Apr 29, 2016, 6:36:20 AM4/29/16
to httpa...@googlegroups.com
Hiya,

Steve has indicated that from May the Chrome will be the default browser.
As discussed last year, the switch makes sense as Chrome is now by far the
most common browser on desktops and even more so on mobile.

I've been running some comparisons and have got a couple of questions:

* will the IE crawlers still be running?
* are Chrome and IE using the same set of URLs

I'm also seeing significant performance difference between sites crawled
by Chrome and IE with Chrome being typically around twice as fast for all
sites. Is this really just the browser? Or are there other things to
consider? This is important as I'm running long-term (2 year) comparisons.

Charlie
--
Charlie Clark
Managing Director