Dec 1st data

Charlie Clark

Dec 8, 2015, 2:06:50 PM12/8/15
to httpa...@googlegroups.com
Hiya,

the IE and Chrome runs for Dec 1st seem to be through but the downloads
aren't available yet. Are they just working their way through? Or are
there any issues?

Charlie
--
Charlie Clark
Managing Director

Patrick Meenan

Dec 8, 2015, 2:19:35 PM12/8/15
to httpa...@googlegroups.com
The crawls are not done yet - IE is getting close but Chrome still has a fair bit to go: http://httparchive.webpagetest.org/getLocations.php

Charlie Clark

Dec 9, 2015, 1:43:24 PM12/9/15
to httpa...@googlegroups.com
Am .12.2015, 20:19 Uhr, schrieb Patrick Meenan <patm...@gmail.com>:

> The crawls are not done yet - IE is getting close but Chrome still has a
> fair bit to go: http://httparchive.webpagetest.org/getLocations.php

Hi Pat,

IE was finished yesterday but the data still isn't available. Any hiccups?
Or does it have to wait for Chrome to finish?

*...@souders.org

Dec 9, 2015, 1:53:16 PM12/9/15
to HTTP Archive
This is the better place to watch the job:

Looking at that you'll see that it's only finished the first (of three) passes through the URLs.

Note that HTTP Archive is a non-profit run by volunteers so minimizing false alarm emails is a good thing. Maybe wait a bit longer before emailing?

Thanks, Steve

Charlie Clark

Dec 9, 2015, 2:15:26 PM12/9/15
to httpa...@googlegroups.com
Am .12.2015, 19:53 Uhr, schrieb <*@souders.org>:

Hi Steve,

> This is the better place to watch the job:
> http://dev.httparchive.org/bulktest/batch_report.php

Thanks very much for the link, it's new to me. This page gives us
information about the processing of the HARs, correct? The "IE8" crawls
themselves have in fact finished.

> Looking at that you'll see that it's only finished the first (of three)
> passes through the URLs.

> Note that HTTP Archive is a non-profit run by volunteers so minimizing
> false alarm emails is a good thing. Maybe wait a bit longer before
> emailing?

I try hard not to raise false alarms. Viz. my e-mails in October which
indicated problems with the crawlers. Crawls for 500k URLs had stabilised
at around 8 days with the data becoming available around 18:00 GMT. I try
to curb my impatience before then! :-)

To reiterate: thanks very much to everyone involved in keeping the service
running. I do regularly use the data to evangelise how important it is
that website owners take performance seriously.