[http-state] [Errata Rejected] RFC6265 (4044)

RFC Errata System

Jul 12, 2014, 10:15:27 AM7/12/14
to plep...@gmail.com, aba...@eecs.berkeley.edu, rfc-e...@rfc-editor.org, barry...@computer.org, ie...@ietf.org, http-...@ietf.org
The following errata report has been rejected for RFC6265,
"HTTP State Management Mechanism".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=6265&eid=4044

--------------------------------------
Type: Technical

Reported by: Pierre Lepropre <plep...@gmail.com>
Date Reported: 2014-07-06
Rejected by: Barry Leiba (IESG)

Section: 5.3

Original Text
-------------
Otherwise:

Set the cookie's persistent-flag to false.

Set the cookie's expiry-time to the latest representable
date.

Corrected Text
--------------
Otherwise:

Set the cookie's persistent-flag to false.

Set the cookie's expiry-time to the latest representable
date. This is a best-effort approach to ensure that the cookie
will effectively expire when "the current session is over"
(as defined by the user agent) and not anytime before.

Notes
-----
The second action item isn't necessarily obvious for an implementer/reader. If I got the intention right, then I believe it might improve the "user-friendly" rating of this document. Otherwise, it might still be beneficial to explicit a bit the reasoning behind that action.
--VERIFIER NOTES--
This report is actually an enhancement request. The discussion of this report on the http-state mailing list should be reviewed if the document is ever revised.

--------------------------------------
RFC6265 (draft-ietf-httpstate-cookie-23)
Title : HTTP State Management Mechanism
Publication Date : April 2011
Author(s) : A. Barth
Category : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source : HTTP State Management Mechanism
Area : Applications
Stream : IETF
Verifying Party : IESG