Introduction to the Group

1 view

ke...@blip.tv

Oct 26, 2010, 4:38:49 PM10/26/10
to HTML5 Video Development
Hello!

This group was set up for the very specific task of talking about
HTML5 video development. Most of the discussions will likely revolve
around developing video players in HTML5.

The landscape of HTML5 is changing quickly. It's not yet viable to
completely replace Flash for video playback, but the eventual hope is
that it will.

I come from the land of blip.tv. We have had our Flash player since
the company's inception back in 2005. Recently, we announced our
intent to switch entirely to HTML5 (http://theblog.blip.tv/post/
1223359295/a-fierce-embrace-of-html5). The road to get to that point
is long and requires many more problems to be solved, other than the
spec being ratified. I am the developer responsible for spearheading
this transition.

To see what we've been working on at blip, you can see our HTML5
player in action by switching to it on blip.tv. Just click the "Play
in HTML5" located on any episode page, like this one: http://blip.tv/file/4296624

Feel free to introduce yourself and what you do in this thread.

Heff

Oct 29, 2010, 12:39:07 PM10/29/10
to HTML5 Video Development
Thanks for setting this up Kelly, I was actually planning on doing
this myself as soon as I had time. I've talked to others who'd be
interested, so I'll pass the word along.

Steve Heffernan
VideoJS/Zencoder

zach (JW Player)

Oct 29, 2010, 1:13:50 PM10/29/10
to HTML5 Video Development
Just to echo Steve - many thanks for setting this up Kelly. I've
already started passing it along.

Zach Ozer
JW Player

Kelly Sutton

Oct 29, 2010, 2:35:13 PM10/29/10
to html5-video...@googlegroups.com
Not a problem. Spread the word! The more the merrier (usually).

Kelly Sutton
blip.tv