[Android] Facing Issues due to Android predictive text

Akash Sinha

Aug 27, 2012, 2:09:35 AM8/27/12
to html...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I am working on a mobile website, in which i have a autofill feature for a input box i.e. based on text entered, we show a drop down list of suggested values and when user clicks/taps the list item, the input box gets populated with that value.
But when 'Predictive text' is enabled in android keyboard, when someone taps on list value, input box doesn't get filled by our value rather than it takes the one predicted by android dictionary.

I guess there must be some event firing after i am populating the input box when a user taps.

If someone has faced this/OR have any idea, please share your suggestions.

Thank you
Akash

Abdul Munim Kazia

Aug 27, 2012, 2:16:03 AM8/27/12
to html...@googlegroups.com
Have you tried switching off autocomplete for the text input field? Using the autocomplete attribute?

Abdul Munim Kazia
ma...@munimkazia.com

Akash

Akash Sinha

Aug 27, 2012, 2:26:05 AM8/27/12
to html...@googlegroups.com
Yes, autocomplete="off" is already there. I guess autocomplete off doesn't allow you to select the value from your form history.
But this predictive text feature is auto-filling the input.

Akash
--

http://web.iiit.ac.in/~akash.sinhaug08<http://web.iiit.ac.in/%7Eakash.sinhaug08>

Abdul Munim Kazia

Aug 27, 2012, 2:30:51 AM8/27/12
to html...@googlegroups.com
Forgot to mention, also try with autocorrect="off"
Abdul Munim Kazia
ma...@munimkazia.com

Akash Sinha

Sep 1, 2012, 1:46:44 PM9/1/12