HTF - Sad news

Nick Duguid

Aug 21, 2023, 5:34:36 PM8/21/23
to htf-vol...@googlegroups.com
It occurred to me today that I don't think anyone has sent this out, but I believe everyone on this list deserves to know.

John Hull died at the end of July.  A memorial was held for him at Hacker Dojo last Sunday, 8/13.  I'm sorry that I didn't think to send out the news so others could attend that event.  I don't know details of John's death, but I do know that he was too young and too kind to go this early.

I know a lot of us had hoped that we would one day begin throwing more HTF events.  We haven't felt comfortable doing that yet.  John was such a persistent, calming, but driving force for this program that I'm not sure what the future holds for us.  If you have any memories of John or kind words you like to get to his family, please feel free to send them my way and I'll be sure to pass them along.

I hope you are all doing well these days.  I do miss see you on a regular basis.

For now, give friends and family an extra hug, and tell them how much they mean to you.

-Nick Duguid

Mark Miller

Aug 21, 2023, 5:42:02 PM8/21/23
to tume...@hotmail.com, htf-vol...@googlegroups.com
Nick,
Thanks for letting us know. I didn't know John that well, personally, but consider all HTF folks part of my "extended family."
Perhaps we could organize a fall event in his honor?
All the best,
Mark