Job Opening- Teacher/TD in Atlanta.

Scott Parker

Jul 29, 2013, 7:44:36 AM7/29/13
to stage...@theatrical.net, hstech group
Hello All,
I've just seen this job posting. I know the school as I held a Stage
Lighting Super Saturday workshop there. The space is large and
relativly well equiped. Marty, the (the now former I suppose) TD
reminds me of me when I was teaching HS in NY. Very busy with a large
crew. Supported by the school. Active at USITT. I don't have details
as to why Marty has left. This is one of those one-man-band jobs I
think.
I hope whoever gets in there is good. We've had a pretty good flow of
kids come to CSU.

I know nothing of the hiring process, so all contact and info is below.

Scott

Job Opening- Drama Teacher/TD North Springs Charter High School

Theatre - Technical Director / Designer / Teacher

North Springs Charter High School
7447 Roswell Road
Sandy Springs GA 30328

Contact:
Steve Young
you...@fultonschools.org

North Springs is a highly active Magnet School for the Performing and
Visual Arts.

The TD needs to be capable and experienced in designing and building
sets for a large proscenium space, a black box studio and for domestic
and International travel. We will be going to Edinburgh Scotland next
summer for the Fringe Festival.

The TD must be capable of leading beginning thru advanced students
through the design and build process. Our high school students go to
USITT each year and have college level portfolios.

In addition to the theatre build and design classes the TD facilitates
Dance, Band and Orchestra performances and teaches Theatre
Fundamentals.

General duties of the TD :

•Operates, maintains and safeguards the technical assets of the
theatre, including supervising the use of lighting, sound,
communications equipment, and the use and maintenance of stage
facilities.
•Determines the necessary technical supports, such as lighting, sound,
staging, and special needs, necessary for events and performances
presented at the facility in advance of production dates.
•Designs, sets up, maintains, and operates lighting and sound systems
for theatre, dance, music, and other productions and projects; assists
guest designers and arts with technical matters.
•Advises production managers, lighting and sound designers, on the
technical specifications, costs and usage of technical equipment
required for the individual show, and supervises the implementations
of approved technical designs.
•Supervises and assists with set and stage construction and management.
•Assists in recruiting, training and assignment of volunteer or paid
technical staff for individual shows.
•Orients facility renters and visiting productions to safety,
technical characteristics and other areas of facility operations;
facilitates the use of the technical facilities by the resident
company and others engaged by or renting the facility.
•Monitors the condition of equipment including lighting, sound, and
rigging equipment; arranges for the repair and replacement within
budgetary constraints; performs preventive maintenance on equipment.
•Assists with the preparation and control of production budgets;
maintains inventory and orders specialized supplies.
•Attends technical Week rehearsals, in order to supervise and assist
in the technical aspects of the mounting the show.
•Makes recommendations to the Governance Board and theatre leadership
regarding capital purchases of technical equipment.

40K+ DOE. Actual salary placement will be based on Fulton County Board
of Education experience and education calculations from the Teacher
Salary Schedule (190 Days).
go to
www.fultonschools.org

--