August happenings... (general meeting, intro class, fish out, more)

Kurt Zeilenga

Aug 1, 2022, 5:35:37 PM8/1/22
to hsfc-a...@googlegroups.com
Our August 10th General Meeting will feature a presentation on Fall Fly Fishing by Jan Nemec (NDOW Angler Education Coordinator). We'll also be raffling off a copy of his book, "Flyfisher's Guide to Nevada". These are hard to come by these days, as they out of print. We'll have updates on past and future fishouts and other activities... including our annual dinner! We'll also have a raffle of usual small fly fishing items. The meeting will be held at the Elks Lodge in the Ranchos. Doors open at 6:30pm. Social until program starts at 7pm.

An Intro to Fly Fishing class will be held on Saturday, August 13 1-4pm. This class will be taught by Dick Betts. The lecture will cover entomology, fly identification, fly identification, fly presentation, fly selection, fishing tips and how to select a fly rod, reel, fly line, tapered leader, and tippet. To sign-up, please email Dick at dedsa...@aol.com as soon as possible. He'll provide additional details, such as the location, upon sign-up.

We hope to have a fishout on Sunday, August 21 at Burnside Lake (if stocked, otherwise another alpine lake). Details to follow.

The club management (board) meeting will be held on August 17, 2-3pm at Partnership Douglas County (1625 NV-88 STE 104, Minden, NV 89423, USA). Your club needs your help managing things! Please consider attending. Agenda: dinner planning, etc.

Our Annual Dinner and Fundraiser will be held Sept 10 at the Elks Lodge! Details to follow!

-- Kurt

P.S. Reel Vets was lots of fun! Thanks to all those who volunteered and otherwise help make this happen!