General Meeting & Membership Drive drawing - 11 Jan @ Elks Lodge

Kurt Zeilenga

Jan 3, 2023, 12:24:33 PM1/3/23
to hsfc-a...@googlegroups.com
Our first meeting of '23 is scheduled for January 11 at Elks Lodge in the Gardnerville Ranchos. It will feature a presentation by Mike Phillips and Kirk Chiapella on Silver Salmon Fishing in the Aleutian Islands.

We'll be concluding our annual membership drive with a drawing for a $100 gift certificate at The Angler's Edge. All (new or returning) members who have paid '23 dues before 7pm on 11 January are eligible. You can pay your '23 dues by visiting our online store <https://high-sierra-fly-casters.square.site>, adding a 2023 Family Membership, only $30 per family (living at the same address), to your cart along with any goodies you'd like to have, and paying at the checkout. Dues are used to fund membership activities, such as general meetings, picnics, and fish outs. If you haven't yet paid your '23 dues, please pay now!

We'll be raffling off a vintage rod & reel combo: a Sage (by Winslow) GFL 580, a 5wt 8'0" 2-piece graphite rod, with original tube and sock, paired with a Scientific Angler System 6 Reel (handcrafted in England by the Hardy Bros) with line and a spare spool with line. The combo set has been previously used and is in good condition. We'll also have the usual raffle of small fly fishing items.

We'll also have an update on club happenings, members' fishing reports, etc.

Doors open at 6:30pm. Program starts at 7pm. Visitors welcomed.
Where: Tahoe Douglas Elks Lodge, 1227 Kimmerling Road, Gardnerville NV 89460
Map: https://goo.gl/maps/NsT5nzmD9j98h8XdA

Tight Lines!

Note: winter meetings are subject to cancelation if driving conditions are likely to be nasty. We usually make the call 24-48 hours in advance. Hence, we'll advise everyone early next week of whether this event will go off as planned or be canceled.

Kurt Zeilenga

Jan 11, 2023, 11:55:41 AM1/11/23
to hsfc-a...@googlegroups.com
Consensus is to go forwarded with the club meeting this evening. NWS/Reno says that there should be little travel impact below 6500' but, as you always should, use your best judgement and check nvroads.com for road current conditions.

And, if want to get in on the $100 members drawing this evening, there's still time to join or renew your membership.
Quick link: https://checkout.square.site/buy/6MMVK2VDSUZ7ZOQCEUH6QMFV

And for those who are technology challenge, you can hand deliver a $30 check this evening payable "High Sierra Fly Casters".

Safe travels!