Sept/Oct Happenings.... no general meeting + fish out changes!

Kurt Zeilenga

Sep 13, 2022, 1:59:50 PM9/13/22
to hsfc-a...@googlegroups.com
It was great to see everyone who was able to make the club dinner this past Saturday! Here's a quick update on club happenings...

No general meeting this month (dinner replaced meeting)!

We're going to cancel the Spooner fishout that was planned for the the 18th of this month. Spooner is now weeded out pretty bad, making it infeasible to fish from shore. And we're not sure if the smoke situation is going to improve much in the coming days as the Mosquito fire continues to expand to the north and east.

Instead, we're going to fish the Pyramid opener on Saturday, October 1. Jeff Evans is the fish out organizer. Jeff will be camping Friday night so as to get an early AM start on the fishing. You are welcomed to camp out as well or make it a day outing. We'll be selecting a beach with a close-in drop-off to allow for shore fishing without a ladder. Float tubing/pontoon boats may be used as well (PFD highly recommended). As lake LCTs can be quite large, a heavy rod (8+ wt) is recommended. Floating line should do fine but, if you have one, bring a sinking line or sink tip. We're hoping to be throwing flies into bait balls. More details to posted as the date approaches.

We have the monthly management meeting on Wednesday, Sept. 21, 2-3pm, at Partnership Douglas County.

Our October general meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, October 10, at the Elks Lodge in the Ranchos. 6:30 doors open, social until program starts at 7pm.

Tight Lines! -- Kurt