Pyramid Lake Fishout - 1 Oct

Kurt Zeilenga

Sep 26, 2022, 7:53:32 PM9/26/22
to hsfc-a...@googlegroups.com
This Saturday is opening day at Pyramid Lake. We'll be fishing in the Indian Head Rock Point (see map). You are welcome to fish as early or late as you want, Those camping will likely be fishing at 6am. We'll meet for breakfast (club provided) at 9am... with more fishing afterwards. Please RSVP. Jeff E. and a few others will be camping Friday night. You are welcomed to join in on the camping.

At Indian Head, look for Jeff's dark gray Toyota Tacoma pick-up with roof tent + awning (5pm or later Friday or Saturday morning).

As there's always a chance you'll hook into a monster LCT, we recommend using an 8wt or heavier rod with reel with quality drag. If you don't have such and want to join us, holler. We may be able to sort out a loaner. For fishing the bait balls, a floating line or intermediate line will be fine. If the fish are deeper, a sink tip or full sink is useful. We recommend 0X leader and tippet. For flies, large streamers.

Depending on the weather, it may be possible to fish a float. If so, wear a PFD!

Fishing and Camping permits are available at: https://pyramidlake.us/permits
Camping is $32 per night per vehicle. Fishing is $24 per day per fisher.
Regulations: https://pyramidlake.us/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/98622-Pyramid-Lake-Regulations-Book.pdf
Note: if you happen to hook a Cui-Ui, release it immediately!

Map/Directions: https://goo.gl/maps/tUcZ4CaowUp7iwMM6