January club management meeting - 18 Jan.

Kurt Zeilenga

Jan 17, 2023, 9:29:28 AM1/17/23
to hsfc-a...@googlegroups.com
All club members are encouraged to participate in the management of their club. To do so, simply start attending club management meetings (aka board meetings). Everyone club member gets a say and a vote at our management meetings! Our management meetings are typically held the 3rd Wednesday of the month from 2-3p in the meeting room of Partnership Douglas County, across from Douglas High School in Minden.

This month meeting will be held tomorrow, 18 Jan., 2-3pm, at Partnership Douglas County. This meeting will focus on scheduling/planning for membership activities for '23, including fish/camp outs, picnics, banquet; and community service and educational programs: trout in the classroom, fly fishing/casting clinics, reel recovery, etc.. We'll also discuss grant administration for the two Trout Unlimited grants we were recently awarded. And more.

We have a few coordinator positions available:

FFI Liaison - be our liaison with Fly Fishers International, an association of fly fishing clubs and professionals. Represent our club at the FFI (typically at virtual meetings) and be a point of contact for the FFI and its membership. More about the FFI can be found at <https://www.flyfishersinternational.org>.
Conservation Coordinator - coordinate our conservation activities. Coordinate with conservation organizations and nature preserve managers to organize club and other conservation activities, such as river work days at River Fork Ranch (Nature Conservancy) with the China Spring Youth Camp.
Raffle Coordinator - manage our general meeting and other raffles.
Women in Fly Fishing - coordinate programs to help women get more out of our club and the sport of fly fishing.
Social Media Coordinator - help us with our social media presence

and more! If you like to help but none of the above appeals to you, let's chat!

Tight Lines! -- Kurt

Partnership Douglas Count: Raffle Coordinator - 1625 Highway 88 (Suite 104) Minden, NV 89423
Map: https://goo.gl/maps/rPFpBQxnsDmXU3Nn6