HSF Detector Simulation Working Group: Extensions to Geant4 Physics Lists

John Chapman

Mar 13, 2023, 1:14:37 PM3/13/23
to hsf-sim...@googlegroups.com, hsf-...@googlegroups.com, atlas-simulat...@cern.ch, atlas-computin...@cern.ch, software-...@belle2.org, cms-offcomp...@cern.ch, IF-SIM...@fnal.gov, alice-sim-c...@cern.ch

Dear all,

We propose to have an HSF Detector Simulation Working Group meeting looking at the extensions to the standard Geant4 Physics Lists that experiments are using in their detector simulations, but which have not been pushed back to the main Geant4 repository.

For example physics models for SUSY/exotics particles, long-lived generator-decay particles, models for optimizing detector readout.

If there are ideas that would be useful to share between experiments perhaps we can discuss that further at the meeting.

If you would like to show a couple of slides in the meeting please let us know by Monday 27th March, alternatively if you would just like to send us a list of physics model extensions we can include that in a summary talk during the meeting.

We will schedule the meeting once we have an idea of the contributions.

Please forward this notice to any other colleagues who might be interested in this meeting.

Cheers,

Krzysztof, Sandro and John
Co-conveners of the HSF Detector Simulation Working Group
https://hepsoftwarefoundation.org/workinggroups/detsim.html