Simulation sessions at the HSF/OSCG/WLCG workshop - remote connections

1 view

Gloria Corti

Mar 20, 2019, 9:10:08 AM3/20/19
to hsf-sim...@googlegroups.com, Witold Pokorski, Heather Gray, Gloria Corti
Dear HSF Simulation community,

As you may already know, the HSF/OSCG/WLCG workshop is ongoing in JLab in these days. Starting at 9 am Wednesday and Thursday mornings (Eastern time) / 2 pm CERN time, we will have two sessions dedicated to simulation matters:

Both sessions have overview talks addressing how a specific issue is tacked by larger communities:

Session 1 on Wednesday:

Talks:
  9:00 -   9:20 Physics Requirements for Simulation, Daniel Elvira
  9:25 -   9:45 Neutrino experiments simulation overview, Michael Kirby
  9:50 - 10:10 Modernisation of simulation code, Witold Pokorski
10:15 - 10:35 Fast Simulations, Vincent Pascuzzi

Session 2 on Thursday:

Talks:
  9:00 -   9:20 Geometry tools, Ben Couturier
  9:25 -   9:45 Vectorisation of simulation code, Andrei Gheata
  9:50 - 10:00 Pile up handling, Tadej Novak
10:05 - 10:15 New simulation code integration, Kevin Pedro
10:20 - 10:30 Final Discussion

After each set of talks we have 5’ of open discussions, and you are very welcome to send your questions and comments in advance if you’d like them to be discussed - we hope the connection is good enough for participation from the outside, but it’s best to be prepared!

Hope to see some of you on Vidyo or in person on Wednesday and Thursday, and feel free to distribute this email to the experiment communities that may be interested in the topics,
Gloria, Heather, Witek