Postdoc openings at Rice on both XENONnT and Windchime

christopher.d...@gmail.com

Oct 13, 2021, 5:34:31 PM10/13/21
to HEP Software Foundation Open Forum
Hi HSF folks,

Below are two different astroparticle postdoctoral positions open at Rice University, where both intend to have strong computational focuses.  The XENONnT postdoc would be applying cool new methods to our recent excess and other dark-matter/neutrino measurements.  The Windchime postdoc I hope takes a differential programming angle related to treating experimental design as an optimization problem since we already use jax for simulations.

1. My group is looking for a XENONnT postdoc to work on what improvements to our data analysis pipeline we can make by leveraging developments in data-intensive science and machine learning, with goal of improving our ability to resolve a recent electronic-recoil excess and improve sensitivity to 0nuBD:   https://inspirehep.net/jobs/1942012

2. Additionally, the Rice Cosmology group more generally has an opening for a Windchime postdoc, which is gravitational dark matter detection related to quantum metrology.  An ideal candidate coming from the experimental side would have experience with simulation and design of experiments, and a willingness to learn about new physics models to write sensitivity projections on them (e.g. WIMPzilla, dark quark nuggets, light axions, black hole relics, etc).  This job entails working directly with cosmologists and material scientists.  https://academicjobsonline.org/ajo/jobs/20038

Please contact me if there are questions.

Cheers,
Chris