3-day Topical Workshop within MIAPbP Workshop on Differentiable and Probabilistic Progamming

Lukas Heinrich

Mar 18, 2023, 8:09:51 AM3/18/23
to hsf-...@googlegroups.com, hsf-julia-fo...@cern.ch, dhep...@desy.de
Dear colleagues,

We are excited to announce the 4-week long workshop on probabilistic and differentiable programming in fundamental physics to be held by the Munich Institute for Astro-, Particle- and Biophysics from June 5 to June 30, 2023. We invite you to participate in this event and explore the potential of DP/ProbProg in fundamental physics.

We are pleased to announce a topical workshop on June 26-28, which aims to delve deeper into the potential science impact of DP/ProbProg and the steps towards successful implementation in fundamental physics. We encourage you to submit abstracts on relevant topics, including:

    Exploiting Differentiable and Probabilistic Programming For Scientific Machine Learning
    Compilers, Languages & Toolchains
    Gradient-Estimation & Relaxation Techniques
    Automating Inference with Astro-and Particle Physics Simulators
    Adoption and Scaling strategies for Big Science: Recent Application and Success Stories

We welcome undergraduate and graduate students as well as early career researchers to share their experiences in the field. The short talk and poster sessions provide an opportunity to exchange early implementation ideas, learn about ongoing activities, and network.

Please find the call for abstracts at the following Indico link: https://indico.ph.tum.de/event/7113/. While a contribution is not required to attend, due to venue constraints, we will give preference to those who submit abstracts. Please feel free to forward this email to anyone who might be interested.

We look forward to seeing you in summery Munich in June!

Sincerely,

Gunes Baydin, Torsten Ennslin, Michael Kagan, Lukas Heinrich, Vassil Vassilev

Lukas Heinrich
Assistant Professor
Data Science in Physics
Department of Physics