IRIS-HEP AGC Tools 2021 Workshop, Nov 3–4 2021

Alexander Held

Sep 27, 2021, 12:46:55 PM9/27/21
to hsf-...@googlegroups.com, Oksana Shadura
Dear colleague,

On November 3–4 we will run a workshop showcasing tools and workflows
related to the so-called “Analysis Grand Challenge” (AGC,
https://iris-hep.org/grand-challenges.html) being organised by IRIS-HEP
and partners. The AGC focuses on running a physics analysis at scale,
including the handling of systematic uncertainties, binned statistical
analysis, reinterpretation and end-to-end optimization. The AGC makes
use of new and advanced analysis tools developed by the community in the
Python ecosystem, and relies on the development of the required
cyberinfrastructure to be executed at scale. A specific goal of the AGC
is to demonstrate technologies envisioned for use at the HL-LHC.

To learn more about the workshop, please see our event page:
https://indico.cern.ch/e/agc-tools-workshop
Registrations are open until end of day (CET) on Oct 27.

The agenda will be composed of hands-on tutorials based on various tools
and services developed by IRIS-HEP-funded projects and its partners, and
room to discuss the current status of projects and interfaces. We will
also distribute additional training material ahead of this workshop if
you would like to learn more about the tools we will be using.

The workshop will begin with an overview of relevant packages and show
them in use together. For a part of the second day, we will split up
into two parallel sessions dedicated to CMS- and ATLAS-specific
tutorials executed on various Analysis Facilities.

Registration for the event is free, but required to receive the virtual
meeting links and instructions for experiment-related sessions.

Looking forward to your participation!
IRIS-HEP Analysis Grand Challenge Coordinators
Alexander Held - New York University
Oksana Shadura - University of Nebraska-Lincoln