Letter of support for German ML Simulation Project, KISS

Graeme A Stewart

Aug 24, 2021, 3:50:30 AM8/24/21
to hsf-...@googlegroups.com

Dear HSF Colleagues

Frank Gaede has contacted us asking for a letter of support from the HSF for a simulation ML project going for funding in Germany. The project is broad, interdisciplinary, and aligned well with what we laid out for simulation in the CWP. It already has support from CMS and ATLAS.

An English (auto)translation of the most important parts of the proposal is here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1x5cZDP-7R40X9NvCY2pODfcoNgO9MSD8/view?usp=sharing

We have discussed this amongst the coordination and WG convenors and we are well disposed to giving a letter along these lines:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qyTPWRKyu9sDmLba0RjEkx6L4fV2ApaLG4b67ko1wfQ/edit?usp=sharing

Comments, questions, thoughts welcome (please note that due to the tight timelines we would deliver the letter on 26 August).

Cheers

Graeme