HSF Meetings this week and workshop next week

Graeme A Stewart

May 6, 2024, 2:24:26 AMMay 6
to HSF Forum
Dear HSF Friends

This week we have a number of topical working group meetings:

- Detector Simulation WG, "Machine Learning for Detector Simulation”, Monday 6 May 17h30 CEST https://indico.cern.ch/event/1408850/
- Reconstruction and Software Triggers WG, “4D Track Reconstruction”, Wednesday 8 May 14h CEST, https://indico.cern.ch/event/1399441/

As well as some regular WG meetings:

- Training WG planning meeting, Monday 6 May 16h CEST https://indico.cern.ch/event/1405965/
- EDM4hep regular meeting, Tuesday 7 May 9h CEST https://indico.cern.ch/event/1413652/

Please note the announcement of the next HSF/IRIS-HEP training event:

Software Basics Training (virtual, May 20-21, Eastern time): This event teaches the fundamentals of the Unix command line, version control with git, and python. It is best suited for newcomers in the field, so please advertise it to your students!

Registration is now open. Please follow the indico link below for the details and registration: https://indico.cern.ch/event/1395323/

Finally, next week we have the WLCG-HSF Workshop at DESY Hamburg:

So we have a full week of discussions and presentations. You can still register for remote participation by following the link to the DESY Indico site.

We look forward to seeing you there!

Best wishes

Graeme, for the HSF Core Coordinators

P.S. Due to the ascension holiday in many parts of Europe this Thursday, the usual HSF Coordination meeting is cancelled. The next one will be on 23 May.

Graeme A Stewart

May 6, 2024, 2:54:35 AMMay 6
to HSF Forum
P.S. Please note also that there is the Compute and Accelerator Forum this week as well:

- Compute and Accelerator Forum, CERN GPU Infrastructure and AdaptivePerf: a portable, low-overhead, and comprehensive code profiler for single- and multi-threaded applications. 16h30 CEST Wednesday 8 May, https://indico.cern.ch/event/1329689/

Best

Graeme

--
This is the discussion forum of the HEP Software Foundation, http://hepsoftwarefoundation.org