Julia for HEP: report + workshop 27th Sept.

瀏覽次數:4 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

mr.kr...@googlemail.com

未讀,
2021年9月8日 上午11:00:052021/9/8
收件者:HEP Software Foundation Open Forum
Dear all,

Following up the Julia session at the last PyHEP workshop [1], a study of potential of this programming language for HEP is being launched within the PyHEP WG of HSF. The goal is to write a report that will describe its potential, the possible challenges and recommendations on its usage. Julia is a fast-growing language that offers performance of C++ with the easiness of code writing of Python.

We invite all persons interested in participating in this work to send an email to Philippe (philip...@cern.ch) and Ben (b.kr...@cern.ch) (*). A list of topics to address have been identified and can be found in https://codimd.web.cern.ch/s/lSgzYb1bo . We will appreciate if you can indicate in your message the particular aspect(s) or topic(s) you are interested in.

We will start with a mini-workshop that will take place on Monday 27th September at 15.00,

https://indico.cern.ch/event/1074269/

The workshop will focus on discussions and hands-on work. The goal is the preparation of the report.

Ben, Eduardo, Jerry, Jim, Pere and Philippe.

(*) Independently if you can participate the 27th September mini-workshop.
回覆所有人
回覆作者
轉寄
0 則新訊息