Deadline this week: Training on Containerization and Continuous Integration for Analysis Preservation

kilian...@gmail.com

Jan 9, 2023, 11:21:22 AM1/9/23
to HEP Software Foundation Open Forum
Dear all,

We still have spots for our training on containerization and continuous integration for analysis preservation. The training will be virtual and in part asynchronous between Jan 16 to 20, 2023.

Register here (deadline Friday Jan 13):

https://indico.cern.ch/event/1219810

We would be very happy if you could also share this announcement with anyone who could profit from the techniques.

This event provides basic skills that will allow you to grow your analysis in a way that ensures its reproducibility far into the future. We will focus on the tools that are part of the usual stack in preservation workflows: containerization with Docker and Apptainer/Singularity, and Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment with GitHub actions or GitLab pipelines.

We will have a kickoff meeting, and the main part of the workshop is learning asynchronously with pre-recorded videos and training material. This means that one can profit from this workshop no matter what timezone you are in! During the whole time, we offer assistance via slack. On the last day, small-group mentoring sessions will be organized, where you will work on fun challenges with the brand-new skills acquired during the training.

Looking forward to seeing you during the event and working together for reproducible analyses!

Best Regards,

                Michel Villanueva (DESY)
                Wouter Deconinck (University of Manitoba)
                Kilian Lieret (Princeton University)
                Sudhir Malik(UPRM)

                (For the HSF/IRIS-HEP Training group)