African Chimps 99% Man?

bipaso

Sep 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/13/00
We hear that some Chimpanzees have ninety nine
percent of the DNA as Humans. So our genes are
only one percent different from some of our tree
dwelling cousins. This seems amazing considering
the obvious external physical appearance of both
species. I wonder if it would be possible to
engineer a being that was as sophisticated again
as us, in the same direction as chimps to humans.
This would be so that, we were then 99% of this
being, and they would then make TV programs and
write books about their inferior primate cousins.
Whilst this maybe tongue-in-cheek, who would say
it was not possible?

www.thesahara.net