Used Clothing Importers Wanted

Amani International

Oct 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/26/99
We are a young company in our second year of operation. We are located in
Madison Wisconsin, USA and export consumer goods to Africa mainly East
Africa. We are currently looking for contacts in West Africa. If you know
a Used Clothing Dealer who is interested in buying quality clothing from
USA, please pass this information along.

We provide quality at a very reasonable price. Our product is 5% new or
store returns and 95% European Grade clothing. We only sell overstock and
store-return.

For more details call Peter Atepe at (608) 845-2080 - voice or (608)
848-2911 - FAX or send an email to am...@globaldialog.com

Pat Anderson

Oct 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/27/99
In article <c_rR3.3682$C8.11...@homer.alpha.net>, Amani International
<am...@globaldialog.com> writes
During a visit to Kenya last month we noticed that there was a great
deal of disquiet being expressed over the vast amount of " Mitumba" (
second hand clothing and shoes) flooding the market. Whilst on the one
hand these clothes might be more affordable to the people, jobs are
being lost and manufacturing industries affected, as demand for locally
made goods falls. This is creating problems for the Kenyan economy.
There were whole page newspaper articles highlighting this problem in
the local press.
Pat Anderson,
Great Britain.
--