Fw: My Retirement

Douglas Ngaira

Jul 22, 2017, 11:05:24 PM7/22/17
to Caleb Ikutu, KU HRIM IBP 2009 CLASS, County HRIO

On Sun, Jul 23, 2017 at 5:54, Douglas Ngaira
Dear Mr Gikunda,
Thanks  for letting us know  about your retirement three weeks after it happened. It seems  you are now waking up to the reality of  retirement and we wish you well.
Concerning your  purported hand over three weeks into your  retirement,  l am sorry  to let you know that l was handed the letter for my promotion to the post of Principal Health Records and information Officer, and the ag. Head of the health records cadre by verge of my seniority by the  PS on the 26th April, 2017.
Some two weeks ago a group of records records officers demanded to know whom you had had handed over to and you had no answer.
According to PSC code, retiring officers are required to hand over three months before they take their terminal leave. For your case you are handing over to my subordinates three weeks into your retirement. Please give us a break and spare us the imagination that the health records profession is your personal property. If you think that you can continue frustrating others even into you retirement,  then you are terribly misinformed.
I would like to therefore remind you to caese from imagining that you have any power in the civil service to deploy or asign any duty beyond your retirement. Your purported assignment of duties to officers herewith mentioned is therefore nul and void. Yes, " None of us is as smart as all of us"
Please Go home in peace and spare us your autocratic tendencies.
Do you  have power beyond that of the accounting officer?

Yours faithfully,
Douglas Ngaira
Principal Health Record and information Management  Officer

On Sat, Jul 22, 2017 at 23:01, Peter Etee

On Fri, Jul 21, 2017 at 8:55 PM, Francis Gikunda

In the interim, Esther Kathini (Assistant Chief Health Records and Information Management Officer) will handle all matters appertaining to the profession; in the absence of Esther Kathini, Hannah Gitungo will assist as we await the outcome of the advertisements that are forth coming to substantively fill the upper senior most positions.

Give them support and give support to the incoming Head. You all need to cooperate and work together in all that you do to achieve more. "None of us is as smart as all of us".

Thank you for the support you have given me for the period I have been in the headship of the profession.

God bless you. God bless the profession.

​As a team, please put pressure to have the HRIM Act implemented. It is the only way to legally stamp our presence in the health sector. No more delays.​

--

Regards,
FB Gikunda

"The Need for Strong Health Information Systems:Better Information, Better decisions, Better health"

[...]

Douglas Ngaira

Jul 23, 2017, 12:56:30 AM7/23/17
to KU HRIM 2010 CLASS, KU HRIM IBP 2009 CLASS, County HRIO, Caleb Ikutu, Peter Etee, Gladys Echesa

Jacinta

Jul 23, 2017, 9:49:41 AM7/23/17
to hrim...@googlegroups.com, KU HRIM 2010 CLASS, County HRIO, Caleb Ikutu, Peter Etee, Gladys Echesa
Dear Ngaira
Congratulations in your new appointment. I have followed the discussions for sometime
and for real you have a point but you have used very strong inflammatory statements, however you could have used positive statements and still drive the point home.

Let's all be a team and not a group in building our profession.

God bless you

Jacinta
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "hrimibp09" group.