What activities are people planning?

Eli Tyre

Mar 12, 2015, 3:34:25 PM3/12/15
to hpmor-wrap-party...@googlegroups.com
at the Chicago party, we'll be talking, sharing stories, doing dramatic readings of favorite parts, eating food and pie, and rapping about rationality.

What do other groups have planned? Does anyone have any good rationality games?

Oliver Habryka

Mar 12, 2015, 3:41:38 PM3/12/15
to Eli Tyre, hpmor-wrap-party...@googlegroups.com
We will be trying to recreate an actual HPMOR army game, including nerf guns and commanders. We will see how that goes :D

On Thu, Mar 12, 2015 at 12:34 PM Eli Tyre <eli...@gmail.com> wrote:
at the Chicago party, we'll be talking, sharing stories, doing dramatic readings of favorite parts, eating food and pie, and rapping about rationality.

What do other groups have planned? Does anyone have any good rationality games?

Malcolm Ocean

Mar 12, 2015, 4:29:04 PM3/12/15
to Oliver Habryka, Eli Tyre, hpmor-wrap-party...@googlegroups.com
That is awesome. WTF am I doing not in Berkeley.

This PDF is designed for running LW meetup groups, and is mostly full of game ideas: http://wiki.lesswrong.com/mediawiki/images/c/ca/How_to_Run_a_Successful_Less_Wrong_Meetup_Group.pdf

I would particularly recommend Zendo, aka "Science, the game". PDF is Ctrl+F-able.

Malcolm Ocean
Try Complice to focus on what's important:   Complice

Matt Arnold

Mar 13, 2015, 10:29:06 AM3/13/15
to Malcolm Ocean, Oliver Habryka, Eli Tyre, hpmor-wrap-party...@googlegroups.com
The Michigan party will take place at i3Detroit, Michigan's biggest all-volunteer hackerspace. One of the attendees will attempt to use the automated embroidery machine at the hackerspace to make embroidered Chaos Legion patches as door prizes. We will also probably attempt "Biased Boardgaming" since I run board game nights at the hackerspace and many of those attendees will attend the wrap party. I was already planning to play Zendo.

And of course, we'll try to teleconference with as many other parties as possible!

-Matt