Ga-5-1-1 installation error

sato.t.aq

May 31, 2013, 4:26:26 AM5/31/13
to hpctools
To Whom it may concern:

I tried to install the Ga-5-1
on my outdated PC server (5 nodes @ 8 cpus) with OS:CentOS 5.9 64bit.

#cd Ga-5-1-1
#./configure
#make TARGET=LINUX64 CC=mpicc FC=mpif77 MSG_COMMS=MPI
LIBMPI=-lmpich
#make check
19 of 25 tests failed
Following output error massage, I will send this e-mail attached with the test-suite.log file.

Please tell me what I can do for it.
Thank you in advance for your kind help.
Sincerely yours
Takao SATO
test-suite.log

Jeff Hammond

May 31, 2013, 7:56:43 AM5/31/13
to hpct...@googlegroups.com, hpctools
Hi,

You are using ./configure and then make with the old build options?
That's the wrong way to do it. Look at "./configure --help" and
provide the options for the GA build properly.

You might want to verify that mpicc and mpif77 are wrappers for MPICH.
That LIBMPI isn't sufficient because MPICH uses multiple libraries
now - you should just use MPICC=mpicc etc. and let configure
auto-detect the result of the MPI settings.

For reference, when I build on my Mac, I do this:

cd $GA_DIR && mkdir build && cd build && ../configure MPICC=mpicc
MPIFC=mpif90 MPIF77=mpif77 MPICXX=mpicxx --prefix=$HOME/install
--with-mpi --with-sockets && make && make check && make install

In particular, you should not set any of the old build environment
variables when you "make".

Best,

Jeff
> --

Jeff Hammond
Argonne Leadership Computing Facility
jham...@alcf.anl.gov / (630) 252-5381
http://www.linkedin.com/in/jeffhammond
ALCF docs: http://www.alcf.anl.gov/user-guides

pslab.si...@gmail.com

Apr 27, 2018, 7:00:58 AM4/27/18
to hpctools
Hi,

I also facing similar issues, seems I messed up with my glibc library.
and autogen.sh couldn't preprocess the export of necessary variables.
Am wondering it would had been nicer if such mandatory variables could be exported before as such.

Nevertheless, could I possibly know what values should I possibly try with.
This is for CentOS 6.9

Thanks in advance!
sanjeev

Jeff Hammond