HP41 ?

HP41Fan

Dec 26, 2007, 5:49:34 AM12/26/07
to hpcalc-iphone
hi Thomas,

two questions:

on the existing 15C and 12C emulations it seems the programming part
is not implemented, any plans for that ?

do you think you could do a HP41CX or HP42 emulation. Both work in
portrait mode and with 320x480 screens they could be good candidates
for a very nice visual emulation. If you can get the programming part
to work for these machines, you would open up a major library of
handheld programs.

excellent work on the existing emulations !

an HP41 oldtimer.

Thomas Fors

Dec 26, 2007, 11:44:33 AM12/26/07
to hpcalc...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Programming mode should be working. What specifically doesn't appear
to be working for you?

I am looking into doing an hp41 at some point once I have more free
time available.

--Tom

Jaguar

Feb 17, 2008, 4:23:44 PM2/17/08
to hpcalc-iphone
Hello Thomas,

Congratulations for your fabulous job!
I hope the HP-41 emulator will be done soon!

Thomas

AL

Apr 12, 2008, 2:22:25 AM4/12/08
to hpcalc-iphone
Hi All,

I just wanted to let you know that I have a HP-41CX emulator running
on
the iPhone (under both 1.1.4 and 2.0 beta). Just like hpcalc-iphone,
its
emulator core is based on nonpareil so it is microcode accurate ;-).
As soon
as I can figure out how to best host it online I'll release it. In
the mean time,
if there are any desperate HP-41 fans that would like to beta test it,
please
let me know.

Cheers,

AL

AL

Apr 13, 2008, 12:37:26 AM4/13/08
to hpcalc-iphone
Well, well. It appears that we HP-41 fans are even more fanatic than
thought ;-) because I've already received several inquiries about it.
make it easier for everyone (and myself ;-) ), I uploaded the first
beta
of the app along with a README file to rapidshare so those of you that
contacted me can download it and try it out. The rapidshare link is
below.

http://rapidshare.com/files/107059075/HP-41CX_1.0Beta_Release.zip.html

Please report any bugs or problems that you find using the email
address
that I listed in the README file.

Enjoy,

AL

Eric Swenson

Apr 14, 2008, 11:34:08 AM4/14/08
to hpcalc...@googlegroups.com
Does it run under 1.1.2 as well?

Sent from my iPhone

AL Software

Apr 15, 2008, 12:39:09 AM4/15/08
to hpcalc-iphone

On Apr 15, 12:34 am, Eric Swenson <eswens...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Does it run under 1.1.2 as well?

I don't know as it hasn't been tested by anyone on 1.1.2. I suggest
that
you give it a try and let us know for the benefit of others that might
want
to run it under 1.1.2.

Here is the second beta that contains minor fixes and improvements,
including maximum memory configuration corresponding to an HP-41CX
with two extended memory modules loaded. In addition, to test
upcoming
support for expansion modules, this version comes preloaded with the
Advantage and CCD-OSX modules. Please give it a spin and let me know
if you find any problems. Please see the README file for more
details,
including known issues.

http://rapidshare.com/files/107592314/HP-41CX_1.0b2.zip.html

Enjoy,

AL

AL

Apr 16, 2008, 4:19:08 AM4/16/08
to hpcalc-iphone
my earlier statement regarding the app running under both 1.1.4
and 2.0beta. What I meant was that I have builds of the app
running under both environments. However, I'm only making the
1.1.3/1.1.4 version available for beta testing. I will release the
final
app for 2.0 via Apple's AppStore once that is up and running and I
have a certificate from Apple. If there is sufficient demand, I will
consider releasing 1.0final for 1.1.3/1.1.4 as well but future
enhancements
and bug fixes to the app will be done only to the 2.0 version.

Therefore, if you wish to use the beta you will need to run it under
1.1.3 or 1.1.4.

Cheers,

AL

Richard Klosinski

Apr 16, 2008, 10:52:25 AM4/16/08
to hpcalc...@googlegroups.com
I'll wait until you release it for 2.0.

Eric Swenson

Apr 22, 2008, 12:42:33 PM4/22/08
to hpcalc...@googlegroups.com
I tried using the first beta release on 1.1.2 and while it came up and appeared to work for a while, after launching it a second time, it simply "goes away" and the springboard screen returns.

I tried the second beta release and this one comes up, but no buttons are active and the display is empty. Can't turn it on (I think it is supposed to come up "on").  If I let it sit here for a while, eventually, I get bumped back to the springboard screen.

Oh well.  Maybe I'll have to upgrade to 1.1.4.  Thanks anyway. -- Eric

AL Software

May 3, 2008, 4:29:23 AM5/3/08
to hpcalc-iphone
Hi All,

Here is the third beta release of HP-41CX that contains minor fixes
and improvements. This version comes preloaded with the Advantage,
CCD-OSX, Sandbox 3D, Sandmath III, and Securities modules. Please
give it a spin and let me know if you find any problems. Please see
the
accompanying README file for more details.

http://rapidshare.com/files/112177576/HP-41CX_1.0b3.zip.html

Enjoy,
AL

Hp41User

Jun 18, 2008, 12:53:02 AM6/18/08
to hpcalc-iphone
fantastic stuff Al, I am very very excited about this. Especially as
you have preloaded with with my favorite!! configuration! (CCD-OSX +
Sandbox + Sandmath). Awesome!

I'll give it a spin soon and let you know how it goes. Hope that you
get your Apple certificate soon, I think this will be a great
application! (BTW - I am using your HP12 & HP15 and once in a while
HP16 apps as well. Beautiful and perfectl, even the programming!)

Well done

Cheers

Peter

On May 3, 3:29 am, AL Software <al.iphone.softw...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Here is the third beta release of HP-41CX that contains minor fixes
>e and improvements. This version comes preloaded with the Advantage,

Mike

Jun 22, 2008, 10:12:28 AM6/22/08
to hpcalc-iphone
Hi, bonehead here :-)

I looked at the README instructions and am still confused about how to
install this. I have a PC and no MAC, nor access to one.

1) Is this beta available to anyone or only iPhone developers?
2) can it be installed on the iPhone using iTunes and a PC
3) where is the iPhone/Applications directory? I don't see it
mentioned anywher, much less how to install applications

Can you (or someone else) provide some step-by-step directions to
installing this on an iPhone using a PC?

The one thing missing on the iPhone that is a must is a good
calculator. This looks like the tickey, if I can just get it there.

Mike