The Second Amendment Of The Constitution Does Not Apply To Modern Weapons

Bill McGinnis

Apr 11, 2013, 12:50:14 AM4/11/13
to Selected Recipients

The Second Amendment Of The Constitution Does Not Apply To Modern Weapons
It applies only to those weapons which existed in the Eighteenth Century,
at the time the Constitution was written and adopted.

HTML page with latest info at =>
http://www.loveallpeople.org/thesecondamendmentdoesnotapplytomodernweapons.html

By Rev. Bill McGinnis, Director - LoveAllPeople.org
Search our pages => http://loveallpeople.org/searchallpages.html

The Second Amendment Of The Constitution Does Not Apply To Modern Weapons
It applies only to those weapons which existed in the Eighteenth Century,
at the time the Constitution was written and adopted.

Words can change their meanings over time. And the meaning of the word
"arms" has changed dramatically from the eighteenth century until today.
Then, "the right to bear arms" meant the right to own and use these
weapons: a single shot blackpowder pistol; a single shot blackpowder
rifle; a sword; a knife; a single shot blackpowder cannon; and not very
much beyond these things.

Similarly, the Bible used by George Washington and the other Founders, was
the Authorized King James Bible (written in 1611) and was the official
Bible of the Church Of England and of the American colonies during the
eighteenth century. There are many words in that Bible whose meanings have
changed since then. For example, the word "corn" meant wheat and other
grains which have kernals, not the corn of today, which grows on corn
cobs. The word "cattle" meant not only cows, but also sheep, goats,
horses, and other domesticated animals which grazed on the land. The verb
"to suffer" meant "to allow" or "to permit," not "to feel intense pain,"
as it means today.

It is just as inaccurate to believe that the eighteenth-century "right to
bear arms" today means "right to own and carry assault rifles" as it would
be to believe that the Biblical word "corn" today means "wheat" or that
the Biblical phrase "suffer the little children" today means "make the
little children feel intense pain."

Blessings to you. May God help us all.

Rev. Bill McGinnis, Director - LoveAllPeople.org

If you are looking for a spiritual home, please visit our website at =>
InternetChurchOfChrist.org
*** Bible-Based, Christian, Progressive, Universalist ***
All of our original content on all of our web pages is in the Public
Domain. You may link to these pages by any means you choose, including
"framing."

To support us, please visit the advertisers appearing on our pages.

We are . . . LoveAllPeople.org - Teaching the practical Christian life.
"Treat Others As You Would Like To Be Treated."
You can follow Rev. Bill McGinnis on Twitter, at =>
http://www.twitter.com/revbillmcginnis

God's One Law For All Mankind: "Love All People As Yourself."

###