Missing Embed Code and FLV location in XML feeds

Bukisa

Nov 16, 2008, 10:19:49 AM11/16/08
to Howcast API
Hi,

I am calling http://www.howcast.com/videos/top_rated/howcast_studios/1.xml?api_key=APIKEYHERE

The XML version doesn't return the embed field with the player and FLV
location - where the MRSS does (but the MRSS doesn't return the
Category for example)

Can you guys help out with it?

Thank you,

Simon

ru...@howcast.com

Nov 16, 2008, 12:11:56 PM11/16/08
to Howcast API
Hi Simon,

We'll take a look at this tomorrow and get you an update.

Thanks!
- Russ

On Nov 16, 7:19 am, Bukisa <webika...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am callinghttp://www.howcast.com/videos/top_rated/howcast_studios/1.xml?api_key...

ru...@howcast.com

Nov 17, 2008, 12:56:30 PM11/17/08
to Howcast API
Hi Simon,

We'll include these in an upcoming release (most likely over the next
couple of weeks). Please get in touch with our biz dev team about re-
using the FLV URLs in your player as that's not currently permitted.

Thanks,
- Russ

ru...@howcast.com

Nov 17, 2008, 1:12:20 PM11/17/08
to Howcast API
Hey Simon,

Actually one quick question. We include these details in the API for a
single video. Are you only calling the list video APIs? Is it more
efficient for you to not call the single video API for each item?

Thanks,
- Russ

Bukisa

Nov 17, 2008, 1:39:50 PM11/17/08
to Howcast API
Hi Russ

I think it would be more effeicnet for calling the API once (for 16
videos)

And not 17 times in total.

Is their a way (in the meantime) that I can manually construct the
embed code?

For example does only the id of the video or URL change in the embed
code?

Or perhaps I would for now - also call the info for each video (with
longer sleeps between calls) to not overload you guys.

Simon

ru...@howcast.com

Nov 17, 2008, 7:07:51 PM11/17/08
to Howcast API
Hi Simon,

We're going to add these in and will keep you posted on when they are
live.

Thanks,
- Russ

Bukisa

Nov 18, 2008, 10:07:18 AM11/18/08
to Howcast API
Hi Russ,

We just ran our first run of the API (we collected 14 videos)

Check it out here:
http://www.bukisa.com/videos/6114_how-to-large-dice

Let me know if its ok from your point of view

Thanks,
Simon

ru...@howcast.com

Nov 24, 2008, 11:13:56 AM11/24/08
to Howcast API
Hi Simon,

Sorry for the delayed response. Things look good and we adjusted the
list videos API to include the embed code as requested.

Thanks!
- Russ