embed code and sizing/aspect ratio

Andrew

Sep 24, 2009, 1:48:30 PM9/24/09
to Howcast API
I would like to create my own html code to embed the video into the
page rather then taking the exact "embed" value from the video query.

I want to do this so that I can vary the width and height of the video
player.

Will I run into problems? Do all videos have the same embed code
pattern? Can I reliably use the width/height given to use as an
aspect ratio and then resize the video smaller or larger with the same
aspect ratio?

russ_howcast

Sep 24, 2009, 3:07:30 PM9/24/09
to Howcast API
Hi Andrew,

You can feel free to adjust the parameters as you outlined. The
minimum size of the player that will display ads is 320x273 so as long
as you stay at that size or above things should work OK. Please let us
know if you run into any trouble.

Thanks,
- Russ