How can I get available subcategories of a categori at level 2 returned from the Top Categories API?

PeterWaher

May 7, 2009, 6:08:02 AM5/7/09
to Howcast API
Hello

How can I get available subcategories of a categori at level 2
returned from the Top Categories API?

ru...@howcast.com

May 7, 2009, 12:29:06 PM5/7/09
to Howcast API
Hi Peter,

To get the child categories for a given category, you'd need to make
calls to the single category API (http://groups.google.com/group/
howcast-developers/web/list-videos-api).

So if you wanted to comb through the entire taxonomy, you'd:

1. Start by calling the list top level categories API as you outlined
(http://groups.google.com/group/howcast-developers/web/list-top-level-
categories-api).

2. Call the single category API for each category. E.g. call
http://www.howcast.com/categories/1.xml?api_key=... for Arts & Media.
The response includes the child/subcategories for the given category.

Please let us know if this answers your question.

Thanks,
- Russ

Peter Waher

May 7, 2009, 1:39:47 PM5/7/09
to howcast-d...@googlegroups.com
Thank you. Must have missed that API call. Sorry. Works perfectly.
Sincerely,
Peter