Thumbnail image sizes

PeterWaher

May 8, 2009, 12:35:42 AM5/8/09
to Howcast API
Hello.

In the XML describing a video, I cannot find the size of the thumbnail
image anywhere. Reading out some thumbnails randomly, I find most to
be in 80x45 (one was 80x44). Is it safe to assume thumbnails will
allways be in 80x45 (+- 1 pixel)?

Thanks in advance,
Peter Waher

ru...@howcast.com

May 8, 2009, 1:45:47 AM5/8/09
to Howcast API
Hi Peter,

The thumbnail size for the video is 320x240.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<howcast version="0.1">
<video>
<id>180126</id>
<thumbnail-url>http://img.howcast.com/system/thumbnails/180126/
Picture_4_xxlarge_maintained_aspect.png</thumbnail-url>

The thumbnail size for the markers (steps, tips, facts, and warnings)
is 80x45.

<markers>
<marker>
<id>69605</id>
<position>8</position>
<timemarker>24</timemarker>
<type>Step</type>
<thumbnail-url>http://img.howcast.com/system/thumbnails/
180126/24_medium.jpg</thumbnail-url>
</marker>

There can be slight discrepancies (e.g. +/- 1 pixel) as you pointed
out based on the resolution of the video, but for the most part things
should follow this size.

Thanks,
- Russ

Peter Waher