2020 Georgetown Brevet Series - Round 1 (with corrected dates for later rides)

Peter Nagel

Sep 28, 2020, 8:14:51 AM9/28/20
to Heart of Texas Randonneurs, Hill Country Randonneurs, Lone * Star * Randonneurs, Houston Randonneurs
All,

Four (or Five) RUSA brevets are scheduled in the next couple of months, with start locations in Georgetown.
The first ride is a 208K RUSA brevet on Saturday October 3rd.  I will host the ride.

The other brevets will be:
October 10th : RUSA 309K (Rock Burn 300) Hosted by Peter Nagel
**TENTATIVE October 31st : Dart Populaire (various routes) Hosted by Peter Nagel
November 7th : RUSA 403K (Stampede Redux 400K - Hotel Start) Hosted by ?
December 5th : RUSA 606K (CDB 600) Hosted by ?

Ride Start: Berry Creek Food Mart (Shell) in Georgetown, which is just west of I-35 at exit 266.  The store
is at the corner of TX 195 and Berry Creek Dr.

Start Time:  7:00am.  Sunrise is 7:26am.  Civil Twilight starts at 7:02am.  Sunset is 7:12pm.  You will need reflective
gear and lights for both rides.

Brevet Route:  Rock Dale and Ice (route #1323).  Controls are Georgetown, Granger, Rockdale, Jarrell, and Andice.

Ride Details:

1) In the true spirit of Randonneuring this ride will be unsupported. The stores along the route are sparse in
the middle, but relatively closely spaced over the later half.  The longest is the 32 miles between Granger
and Rockdale.  There are two places for supplies over the 45 miles between Rockdale and Jarrell.

2) Expect relatively flat rolling terrain.  The route is mostly east-west, so wind should not have a major impact.
The roads are not as smooth as I'd like, but all roads are passable.

4) Please note your interest via this Google spreadsheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11Rgs7YPf2xBdDyIU7vD1yfVyF5aytusGksPmVrEGIJw/edit?usp=sharing

5) Check-in will start at 6:30am.  Let me know if you have any questions about the route or the stores along the way.

6) Rockdale and Jarrell are now open controls.  See the route map for suggested options in each town.

Peter