2020 Georgetown Brevet Series - Round 4

Peter Nagel

Oct 22, 2020, 2:04:54 PM10/22/20
to Hill Country Randonneurs, Heart of Texas Randonneurs, Lone * Star * Randonneurs, Houston Randonneurs
All,

Four RUSA brevets are scheduled in the next couple of months, with start locations in Georgetown.  The third ride is a 403K RUSA brevet on Saturday November 7th.  I will host the ride.

Note about the dart pop:  RUSA is not yet allowing team events given the circumstances.
When the situation allows for team events, I will put the dart pop on the schedule.  Hopefully we won't have to wait until summer comes around again.

The other brevet will be:
December 5th : RUSA 606K (CDB 600) Hosted by ?

Ride Start: Days Inn in Georgetown, which is on the southbound I-35 access road.  Take exit 262 coming from the north.  From the south, take exit 264, turn left onto Austin Ave at the end of the ramp, then left at the next light (Inner Loop) and left again to get onto the southbound I-35 access road.

Start Time:  7:00am.  Sunrise is 7:47am.  Civil Twilight is 7:22am.  Sunset is 6:42pm.  You will need reflective gear and lights for this ride.

Route:  Stampede Redux 400 (hotel start) (route #1860).  Controls are Georgetown, Bertram, Lampassas, Valley Mills and Liberty Hill.

Ride Details:

1) In the true spirit of Randonneuring this ride will be unsupported.  The controls are far apart, but services are available in Gatesville on the 66+ mile stretch between Lampasas and Valley Mills.

2) Expect rolling terrain.  The route is mostly north-south so wind may be a factor.  As the name implies, this route consists of (in large part) much of the old day 1 route of the Texas Rando Stampede.

3) Night time controls:  The Liberty Hill control is open 24h.

4) Hotels:  There are four hotels from the most basic up to a suites hotel in the vicinity of the ride start.  Note that Georgetown Inn is now a Roadway Inn and that the La Quinta is now a Days Inn.

5) Please sign-up online:

6) Check-in will start at 6:30am.  Let me know if you have any questions about the route or the stores along the way.

7) There is a 100K permanent route (Bertram Bolt) that mirrors the early part of the 400K.  If you don't feel up to a
400K, you are welcome ride the pop.  The pop starts at the Berry Creek Shell, but joins up at mile 5 of the hotel start  and shares the route to Bertram (mile 32).

Peter