Fwd: [RUSA-RBA] Growth in your region?

Alison Carey

Jul 6, 2022, 1:47:55 PM7/6/22
to Houston Randonneurs
Thought I’d share this with the group. I think we had 2 new members 😁.
Alison

Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

From: Rob Hawks <rob....@gmail.com>
Date: July 6, 2022 at 12:24:31 CDT
To: RUSA RBAs <r...@rusa.org>
Subject: [RUSA-RBA] Growth in your region?

Hello RBAs,

Here is a table showing the number of brand new RUSA members who joined in the time frame of January 1st through June 30th, by year: (NB: RUSA database tables don't easily provide data on renewals in the same timeframes, but this is about growth primarily)

YearJan1->Jun30
2014104
201571
201682
201786
2018123
201996
2020108
2021230
2022575

I'm wondering if any RBAs have noticed a) an increase in membership in your region, and b) if this has translated into an increase in participation on your brevets?

For my region, using *end of year membership totals* where San Francisco Randonneurs is listed as the home brevet club, our totals for 2014->2022  have come out with:
391373354351424428417429473
That doesn't exactly match the same trajectory, and the last 3 years aren't nearly as big of a rise.

Also, if anyone wants to comment on the change from year to year in the table above, in particular if you have insight into why this has happened, please share that. Within the above, there are spikes of greater and lesser degrees in the year *before* PBP (2014, 2018 and 2022).

rob hawks