12/5 Holiday Brevet with Lunch stop in Round Top

A Carey

Nov 17, 2020, 11:06:06 AM11/17/20
to Houston Randonneurs
Hello all,

The HR calendar is up to date for the 12/5 and ready for registration.  Ride Calendar - Houston Randonneurs

This is the annual ride where riders typically stop for lunch at Royer's in Round Top.

The ride starts in Sealy so please be aware of the different start location.  Here is the route: Sealy 200K route

Thanks,
Alison Carey

A Carey

Nov 25, 2020, 7:15:07 AM11/25/20
to Chris Michels, Houston Randonneurs
Due to covid, riders can start whenever they want as we have done with other brevets. Thanks.

Alison

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 25, 2020, at 06:06, Chris Michels <cmic...@gmail.com> wrote:

Does this ride really start at 04:00 am or can we start at a later time?

wjbi...@gmail.com

Dec 1, 2020, 8:27:00 PM12/1/20
to Houston Randonneurs
For those interested in stopping for lunch at Royers in Round Top, it's a good idea to be there when they open at 11.  A 5:30 departure usually does the trick.  Remember you will need lights and reflective gear if you start in the dark.

Regards,
Wally

etjan...@gmail.com

Dec 3, 2020, 12:54:34 PM12/3/20
to Houston Randonneurs
Hi,
I signed up on the website, it has been a couple of years since I've done a Houston Randonneuring ride. Not sure of how the rides are done these days. Do I use a card that is signed along the way or can I make my ride available from Strava?
Erik Tomas Jansson

wjschm...@yahoo.com

Dec 3, 2020, 3:03:58 PM12/3/20
to etjan...@gmail.com, Houston Randonneurs
Way to go Tomas!

William Schmidt

On Dec 3, 2020, at 1:00 PM, etjan...@gmail.com <etjan...@gmail.com> wrote:

Visit our homepage at:
http://www.houstonrandonneurs.org

When in doubt, ride your bike!

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Houston Randonneurs" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/houstonrandonneurs/a58d19d2-3cd7-4b06-b6c6-c0b19b0d578fn%40googlegroups.com.

A Carey

Dec 3, 2020, 6:02:17 PM12/3/20
to etjan...@gmail.com, wjschm...@yahoo.com, Houston Randonneurs
Hi Erik
Brevets and perms are approved to use EPP (electronic proof of passage) to validate rides/ controls.  You can use Strava, ride with gps, etc as long as it shows the map of the ride and the elapsed time.  Glad you will be doing this ride. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks
Alison