Hotel for 600

Alison Carey

Apr 5, 2022, 12:26:45 PMApr 5
to Houston Randonneurs, Talk...@googlegroups.com, Gary Kanaby, David Baxter, Chris Lemont, Dave Rich
Hello all
I talked to the hotel and we have a $79 per night rate secured for the 600 km- both Friday and Saturday nights. I should get a code soon but feel free to call and request a room booked under this rate. I also requested ground floors but they said no guarantees. The number is 281-375-8888. This is the La Quinta in Brookshire. Thanks!
Alison

Sent from my iPhone

Chris Michels

Apr 20, 2022, 4:04:41 AMApr 20
to Houston Randonneurs
Alison,

I am really looking forward to the 600K this weekend.
I plan on riding through the night with a nice break after the first 400k however I am preparing for the worst.
It looks like the afternoon high temp on Saturday will be 90f, so plan on hydrating.
The wind from noon to about 8 pm on Saturday looks like it will be about 20 mph with up to 30 mph wind gusts.

So, bring the sun block, put on your fastest wind cheating rims and we should all have a great ride.

Chris Michels
4386
Keep riding