Fwd: Paris Brest Paris Bag Drop

Alison Carey

Jan 2, 2023, 8:43:32 PM1/2/23
to Houston Randonneurs
FYI

Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

From: 'Dan Driscoll' via Lone * Star * Randonneurs <Talk...@googlegroups.com>
Date: January 2, 2023 at 19:32:33 CST
To: Talk...@googlegroups.com
Subject: [LSR] Paris Brest Paris Bag Drop

Happy New Year everyone!

Myself, and three others (Mark Behning, Eric Norris and Bill Green) will be providing a Bag Drop service for PBP in 2023. Between us there are at least 14 PBP’s, so we know what it takes to complete this fantastic riding event, and for me, a Bag Drop service was pivotal to completing the event (anyone remember 2007? Oof!). It is a way for the four of us to be a part of the Big Dance and volunteer providing a service for riders that can aid them in completion.

We have a plan, but at this juncture we are asking for you to distribute this Interest form to your riders.  we are gathering names and emails to be able to send out a true registration when the time comes as we get closer to August.

We are NOT providing the type of service that shuttles bags to hotels along the course, or picks them up and drops them off at a host of hotels prior to the start. Our plan is to be at the check-in location, collect bags, take them to identified locations on the course, watch them for riders, and then return them to the check-in area at the end of the ride. Simple and straightforward.

I am asking that you please send this to your riders so that they can send in their interest and feedback to me.

Thanks much,
deb

wjschm...@yahoo.com

Jan 2, 2023, 9:59:58 PM1/2/23
to Alison Carey, Houston Randonneurs
I remember 2007! This will be a great service.

William Schmidt

On Jan 2, 2023, at 7:43 PM, 'Alison Carey' via Houston Randonneurs <houstonra...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

FYI

Visit our homepage at:
http://www.houstonrandonneurs.org

When in doubt, ride your bike!

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Houston Randonneurs" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/houstonrandonneurs/11C1564F-6810-447E-914E-F37592935694%40yahoo.com.