June Rando Updates

Alison Carey

Jun 19, 2022, 7:01:24 PM6/19/22
to Houston Randonneurs
Hello all

A few items to share-
1. June brevet results are posted
2. Gravel is now part of the rando menu and last week our first gravel perm was approved. It is 103 miles starting in Chappell Hill. Please check it out! I’m going to ride this sometime in the next few weeks so let me know if you’re interested in joining.
3. Anyone interested in doing an evening ride of 100 or 200 km to get some night riding experience and group riding in this summer? I haven’t seen some members in a few months and would be nice to do a ride as a group.
4. See note below about rando jerseys and a survey.

Hope everyone is staying cool and getting their rides in. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

Alison Carey

Begin forwarded message:

From: PatCH <patc...@gmail.com>
Date: June 19, 2022 at 15:55:57 CDT
To: mauiran...@gmail.com, tonyrg.bic...@gmail.com, R...@ohiorandonneurs.org, rba...@gmail.com, Michele Brougher <murg...@gmail.com>, "Bryant, Bill" <bi...@bryant-springsteen.net>, alisonc...@yahoo.com, r...@davisbikeclub.org, Sarah Bergstrom <sberg...@gmail.com>, cja...@eecompanies.com, "info cyclingforever.com" <in...@cyclingforever.com>, chris...@bethel.edu, Greg Courtney <iowa...@gmail.com>, SIR...@outlook.com, mde...@yahoo.com, AKThomas <tdo...@gmail.com>, Dan Driscoll <dandri...@me.com>, Pete <pdu...@sprintmail.com>, Tom Dusky <tdu...@gmail.com>, gdr...@gmail.com, jell...@gmail.com, susan.m...@gmail.com, asheviller...@gmail.com, rob....@gmail.com, Pat Horchoff <larb...@aol.com>, Kerin Huber <kerin...@gmail.com>, ala...@mindspring.com, bruce...@gmail.com, gka...@att.net, belgrad...@msn.com, dkrus...@gmail.com, wak...@bellsouth.net, Spencer Klaassen <skla...@ponyexpress.net>, "Paul Kramer, RBA" <r...@njrandonneurs.org>, ciren...@gmail.com, seans...@gmail.com, slo.ran...@gmail.com, r...@parando.org, ken8...@gmail.com, Jeff Newberry <newb...@mail.utexas.edu>, dwpen...@gmail.com, d...@newhorizonsbikes.com, "Rozelle, Paul" <proz...@gmail.com>, mesch...@gmail.com, driftle...@gmail.com, sproc...@gmail.com, mikest...@cox.net, wpsu...@gmail.com, sar...@gmail.com, William Watts <wwa...@butler.edu>, MNR...@aol.com, Stephen Yesko <sye...@yahoo.com>, r...@will-rando.org

Greetings RBAs!

Some of you may have seen an email I sent out a few days ago about some RUSA jersey concepts I've been tossing around the past two weeks, asking for feedback and ranking of the ideas along with a link to a simple survey to rank the ideas. In the spirit of engaging the larger RUSA community, I'd like to ask your help in encouraging your own club members to complete the survey so we may be able to get a better picture on if we should move forward on any of the jersey ideas.

Whether it's through your email distributions, Facebook groups, Google groups, or whatnot, please encourage your club members to take a look at the survey. The more we engage our riders, the better we are as an organisation, and this is one chance to have our members feel like they have a voice.

Very much appreciated. Thank you and happy riding!

--Patrick (RUSA #6365).

PS: Here is a link to the (anonymous) survey: https://forms.gle/vsiatNC1Bbw9W8wi7

PPS: You don't need to actually like any of the designs as they're presented. We're meant to be ranking the *concepts*, not (necessarily) the designs. Actual designs (including colours, logos, design elements, etc) may change if any of the *concepts* are voted on to be fleshed out. Thank you!