Houston woman says a black [Repeat offender...] family trespassed into her home, locked her out and squatted for weeks

1 view

Leroy N. Soetoro

Mar 31, 2023, 7:25:56 PM3/31/23
<https://www.yahoo.com/news/houston-woman-says-family-trespassed-
213350452.html>

Trespassers who claimed to have paid $6,000 to rent a home in Houston,
Texas, have been evicted after their lease was proven to be fake by
police.

One of the squatters, identified as Tamisha Holmes-Bey, told ABC13 Houston
that she paid a realtor to live on the property, claiming to have a lease
with her name, her husband’s name and her children’s names on it.

However, Linda Giang, the owner of the house in Meyerland, said she
doesn't know the family who had moved in and that they had changed the
locks without her authorization.

"They broke into my house. They're trespassing. That should be a criminal
trespass. They're violating my privacy. This is my property," Giang told
ABC 13 last week.

More from NextShark: Delta, American, United Suspend All Flights to China
Amid Coronavirus Outbreak

Giang reportedly discovered the trespassers around three weeks ago after
receiving a letter from the Meyerland HOA to clear off the leaves on her
driveway.

When Giang and her mother arrived at the property, they were shocked to
find people living in their home.

"I had the keys with me and walked in and discovered a family of five
living in there. And she says she has a lease contract and actually
emailed me the lease contract," Giang said.

More from NextShark: Filipino American Man Nearly Hit With a Rock in
Random Attack in Los Angeles

The contract did not name Giang nor her husband as landlords, rather it
reportedly listed a person who has no relation to the ownership of the
home.

A locksmith was captured on surveillance footage changing the locks on the
house on Sunday without Giang’s authorization.

"I'm not trespassing. I have a lease, and I paid $6,000," said Holmes-Bey,
who claimed to have moved to Texas from California to “start a new life.”

More from NextShark: Japanese film ‘Drive My Car’ wins Oscar for Best
International Feature Film

However, public records show that she had lived in Texas for decades,
having been involved in civil and criminal cases in different counties
across the state.

Although Houston police initially said the matter was a civil case and
declined to take action, they ordered the trespassers to vacate the
property after the lease was proven to be false over the weekend.

On Monday, Giang regained access to her property and changed back the
locks.

More from NextShark: Asian Family Who Just Lost Father Gets Racist,
Threatening Letter After Funeral

According to home security expert Richard Christian, homeowners can deter
trespassers or burglars by making their homes appear occupied.

Security cameras and physical barriers, including a locked gate, are also
necessary security measures.

"If you cannot do it yourself, utilizing trusted neighbors or friends who
can check your home regularly and make you aware of suspicious activity
and challenge people who are suspicious is a huge asset for the owner of
an unoccupied home," Christian told Insider.

--
"LOCKDOWN", left-wing COVID fearmongering. 95% of COVID infections
recover with no after effects.

ballots. Report voter fraud: sf.n...@mail.house.gov

fiasco, President Trump.

queer liberal democrat donors.