Any one remember La Hacienda de las Morales?

Kathy Biehl

May 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/9/96

About 15 years ago I was taken to a spectacular restaurant on a recruiting
trip. It was somewhere west of town and looked like a Mexican villa. The
name was La Hacienda de las Morales. Does anyone remember where it was? Or
know what happened to it?

Thanks

Kathy Biehl
for...@neosoft.com

Roy J. Plhak

May 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/9/96

It is on Deerwood 1/2 block off the Sam Houston Tollway (Beltway 8) and
faces the side of Dow Chemical's office building. Deerwood is between
Briar Forest and Memorial Drive.

It hasn't served as a restaurant for at least 10 years now and appears to
be occupied as a "residence" now. From the size and grandeur of the place,
you would think that it is better suited to be the Mexican Embassy.

In article <fortuna.11...@sam.neosoft.com>, for...@sam.neosoft.com
(Kathy Biehl) wrote:

--
Roy J. Plhak
Houston, Texas

claudius

May 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/11/96
says...

The
>name was La Hacienda de las Morales. Does anyone remember where it was?
Or
>know what happened to it?

>Thanks

>Kathy Biehl
>for...@neosoft.com

It no longer exists here in Houston. There was one in Mexico City, but I
don't know whether it's still there.

John DeGroof

May 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/12/96
>About 15 years ago I was taken to a spectacular restaurant on a recruiting
>trip. It was somewhere west of town and looked like a Mexican villa. The
>name was La Hacienda de las Morales. Does anyone remember where it was? Or
>know what happened to it?
>
>Thanks
>
>Kathy Biehl
>for...@neosoft.com

Yes!! A fabulous place; ate their twice. Unfortunately, they closed in the
mid 80's when the Houston business economy hit the skids, and never re-opened.
There was supposed to be one in Mexico somewhere (Mexico City?), and the
Houston one was modeled after it. Even used marble imported from Mexico. It
was truly elegant, as was the food. A real loss.

John

kim.lef...@gmail.com

May 29, 2014, 5:56:01 PM5/29/14
I remember eating there late 70s early 80s, it was fabulous...

brhtx

May 30, 2014, 7:54:23 AM5/30/14
In article <410d1a76-bcef-4104...@googlegroups.com>,
<kim.lef...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I remember eating there late 70s early 80s, it was fabulous...

Where was it?

--
---

George Kerby

Jun 2, 2014, 8:03:02 PM6/2/14

On 5/30/14 6:54 AM, in article 300520140654236827%br...@gmail.com, "brhtx"
Off of Sam Houston Toll (West Belt), between Memorial and Briar Forest
originally. Later incarnation, not as good over on I-10 and Voss/Bingle.

A really good place to dine in the late 70s and early 80's as I recall.

brhtx

Jun 3, 2014, 8:00:12 AM6/3/14
In article <CFB27AE6.ABA80%ghost_...@hotmail.com>, George Kerby
<ghost_...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Off of Sam Houston Toll (West Belt), between Memorial and Briar Forest
> originally. Later incarnation, not as good over on I-10 and Voss/Bingle.
>
> A really good place to dine in the late 70s and early 80's as I recall.

It was on Deerwood; apparently not related to the other La Haciendas.

--
---

History gone

Jan 8, 2015, 8:00:11 AM1/8/15
Yes, went there many times as i lived fairly close. It was closed in the 80's and quite honestly I thought they had already razed it to the ground as with all of the buildings and wooded area it could not be seen easily. Loved it and it was exactly like the one in Mexico City. Such a pity....

George Kerby

Jan 10, 2015, 10:30:38 AM1/10/15

On 1/8/15 7:00 AM, in article
72005f27-954e-4642...@googlegroups.com, "History gone"
The nearby lake (pond actually) is still there, btw...

war...@gmail.com

May 24, 2015, 6:25:13 PM5/24/15
On Thursday, May 9, 1996 at 2:00:00 AM UTC-5, Kathy Biehl wrote:
> About 15 years ago I was taken to a spectacular restaurant on a recruiting
> trip. It was somewhere west of town and looked like a Mexican villa. The
> name was La Hacienda de las Morales. Does anyone remember where it was? Or
> know what happened to it?
>
> Thanks
>
> Kathy Biehl

Unfortunately it is long gone. Too bad too because it was lovely. It is where we held our 1981 Jersey Village Senior Prom.

George Kerby

May 25, 2015, 11:20:59 AM5/25/15

On 5/24/15 5:25 PM, in article
21e0234e-be07-418c...@googlegroups.com, "war...@gmail.com"
True. As to the location: Northwest corner (close) to I-10 and Voss Road.
Just a vacant lot now.

3pdt...@gmail.com

Sep 1, 2017, 11:39:57 AM9/1/17
On Thursday, May 9, 1996 at 4:00:00 AM UTC-3, Kathy Biehl wrote:
> About 15 years ago I was taken to a spectacular restaurant on a recruiting
> trip. It was somewhere west of town and looked like a Mexican villa. The
> name was La Hacienda de las Morales. Does anyone remember where it was? Or
> know what happened to it?
>
> Thanks
>
> Kathy Biehl
> for...@neosoft.com

I ate there several times. Went under sometime in the 1980's It was a copy of the Morales residence in Mexico City. Far and away the best Mexican food ever.

davidt...@gmail.com

Dec 27, 2019, 10:43:22 AM12/27/19
I ate there several times, when my parents wanted to celebrate with me and my sister. Even in my teen's I knew the food was great and was able to appreciate it as well as the incredible atmosphere and waitstaff. I still have an anniversary picture of my parents there, sometime in the late 70's I believe, as the restaurant did those for patrons if requested. Nice 8 1/2 x 11 photo's of my father, mother, and of them as a couple, that I cherish to this day. Perhaps the best "Mexican" restaurant ever in Houston. If the La Hacienda at I-10 and Voss was related, it was a distant cousin in quality from my memories of both. Truly a great loss to Houston dining.