Good late night places - HELP!

1 view
Skip to first unread message

JOEY BERNER

unread,
Aug 24, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/24/95
to
I know this question has been asked before regarding good late night places but
this request is a little different. I am directing a play that opens in
September and the playwright is flying in from Cleveland, Ohio to see it. We
plan to eat a lot over the course of the weekend. I am looking for some good
late night (after the show) places to eat. However, she doesn't eat a wide
variety of food, primarily: rice, beans, Szechuan (sp) vegetables, some Thai,
and fish/seafood is pretty much what she lives on. No chicken and no beef.
Does anyone have any suggestions for places that might be good? Or any places
for regular dining she might like based on the above criteria?
I really want to take her to a wide variety of places! Thanks in advance!

Joey

st...@elroy.uh.edu

unread,
Aug 25, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/25/95
to

You could take her to "Mai's" on Milam. It's a Vietnamese/Chinese
restaurant that's open until 3:30 am on Fridays and Saturdays.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
st...@jetson.uh.edu : I don't think it's so difficult to find splendid
: formulas for living; the difficult thing is to live.
: Antonio Gramsci
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

claudius

unread,
Aug 25, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/25/95
to
says...

>
>I know this question has been asked before regarding good late night
places but
>this request is a little different. I am directing a play that opens in
>September and the playwright is flying in from Cleveland, Ohio to see
it. We
>plan to eat a lot over the course of the weekend. I am looking for some
good
>late night (after the show) places to eat. However, she doesn't eat a
wide
>variety of food, primarily: rice, beans, Szechuan (sp) vegetables, some
Thai,
>and fish/seafood is pretty much what she lives on. No chicken and no
beef.
>Does anyone have any suggestions for places that might be good? Or any
places
>for regular dining she might like based on the above criteria?
>I really want to take her to a wide variety of places! Thanks in
advance!
>
>Joey

Since you mentioned other Oriental, try Kim Son's. It's open about as
late as any non-24 hour place in Houston and has a huge menu of
Vietnamese and Chinese dishes.


Steven McDowell

unread,
Aug 25, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/25/95
to
clau...@phoenix.phoenix.net (claudius) wrote:
>Since you mentioned other Oriental, try Kim Son's. It's open about as
>late as any non-24 hour place in Houston and has a huge menu of
>Vietnamese and Chinese dishes.

Speaking of which, I noticed that Kim Son is listed in the new issue
of Bon Appetite as one of the most "authentic" Vietnameese restruants
in the country (the article was about most authentic ethnic food
places in the country)....

--
Steve McDowell /* usual disclaimers */
Mantis Technologies, Inc.


James F. Saunders

unread,
Aug 25, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/25/95
to
"Vietnamese Fajitas" authentic? The food at Kim Son is still good, but
the abience is suffering from the influence of the graduates of the
Pappas Restuarant Chain Management School.

claudius

unread,
Aug 26, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/26/95
to
In article <41l8f0$b...@wally2.hti.net>, smcd...@hti.net says...

>
>Speaking of which, I noticed that Kim Son is listed in the new issue
>of Bon Appetite as one of the most "authentic" Vietnameese restruants
>in the country (the article was about most authentic ethnic food
>places in the country)....
>
>--
>Steve McDowell /* usual disclaimers */
>Mantis Technologies, Inc.
>
>
>

I just knew some Vietnamese friends of mine found it authentic, and that
I find it really good.


Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages