Turk-Duck-Hen

Joanna Crawford

Nov 15, 2001, 1:38:25 PM11/15/01
That was a misprint -- they ran several other ads saying that that
referred to a stuffed chicken, that the turduchen was 59.99.

Sorry to bear bad news!

Joanna

--
Joanna F. Crawford
Clean, Effective Web Design Based

Hane

Nov 19, 2001, 2:25:34 PM11/19/01
This website has Paul Prudhomme's recipe as well as
an intriguing sweet potato and eggplant gravy - with
Grand Marnier. I must try this one!

http://www.gumbopages.com/food/poultry/turducken.html

This was also there:

By the way ... I recently got an email from a reader in South Africa
named Jan, who says, "We found your Aunt's recipe on the net. Our
traditional South African version is the Osturducken, an ostrich stuffed
with turkey stuffed with duck stuffed with chicken."

*BOGGLE*

MareCat

Nov 19, 2001, 2:48:12 PM11/19/01
"Hane" <jhu...@b4-u-eat.com> wrote in message

> By the way ... I recently got an email from a reader in South Africa
> named Jan, who says, "We found your Aunt's recipe on the net. Our
> traditional South African version is the Osturducken, an ostrich stuffed
> with turkey stuffed with duck stuffed with chicken."

Makes me think of this classic post from three years ago (posted in here by
Hotbread):

I propose a better alternative to this. It's called a
"Bearbufcowlamturduckcaten." It's a small cat, steamed and stuffed with
broccoli casserole, stuffed into a boneless chicken This is rubbed with
garlic and oil, and stuffed into a boneless duck. This is smothered in
barbecue sauce and stuffed into a turkey. The turkey is deep-fried,
sprinkled with pepper, and stuffed into a boneless marinated lamb. The lamb
is then doused in Tabasco sauce and stuffed into a boneless cow. The cow is
then stuffed into a boneless vietnamese water buffalo. The water
buffalo is then stuffed into a live bear. The bear is then wrapped with
bacon.

This is served with a garnish of parsley.

This dish is sure to start a new holiday tradition. Just imagine gathering
around the table with the family and slicing off a piece with the
traditional Thanksgiving chainsaw. "I want the bear head!" little Timmy will
exclaim.

Hane

Nov 19, 2001, 5:50:07 PM11/19/01

"MareCat" <mgo...@intertex.net> wrote in message

LOL, this beats serving an ostrich... Becca posted a funny one 3-4 years
ago and I can't find a copy. It consisted of stuffing a turkey with
popcorn and roasting it. Becca, do you still have it? Anyone?

Jack Tyler

Nov 19, 2001, 6:03:31 PM11/19/01

"Hane" <jhu...@b4-u-eat.com> wrote in message

I'd surely rather read that one than a re-post of the Ryan's Steakhouse poop
story.

Jack Tyler

Hane

Nov 19, 2001, 7:29:31 PM11/19/01
I find that now it's all over the internet, uncredited
as far as I could see. Here it is.

"Turkey Shot Out of the Oven"

A turkey shot out of the oven
And rocketed into the air,
It knocked every plate off the table
And partly demolished a chair.
It ricocheted into a corner
And burst with a deafening boom,
Then splattered all over the kitchen,
Completely obscuring the room.
It stuck to the walls and the windows,
It totally covered the floor,
There was turkey attached to the ceiling,
Where there'd never been turkey before.
It blanketed every appliance,
It smeared every saucer and bowl,
There wasn't a way I could stop it,
That turkey was out of control.
I scraped and I scrubbed with displeasure,
And thought with chagrin as I mopped,
That i'd never again stuff a turkey
With popcorn that hadn't been popped.