March 2020 Meetup is Cancelled | Be well and practice social distancing during COVID-19 outbreak

瀏覽次數:2 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

Houston Rationalists

未讀,
2020年3月14日 晚上9:20:482020/3/14
收件者:Houston Rationalists
Hey y'all,
There is no meetup tomorrow, I've cancelled it because of the coronavirus (COVID-19). Please practice social distancing and take care of yourself :)

Cheers,
Willa

peter_s...@yahoo.com

未讀,
2020年3月14日 晚上9:40:432020/3/14
收件者:Houston Rationalists

Willa,

Sad to say, I think that is the right thing to do. Most of the Houston Rationalists are pretty young, so the risk of death is low. However, the risk of being a carrier and spreading the disease is real.

Thank you

Peter Schaeffer

elspeth.diana

未讀,
2020年3月14日 晚上9:59:462020/3/14
收件者:peter_s...@yahoo.com、Houston Rationalists
peter,

i think we're nearing the point where if we're infected, we won't receive medical care. the risk is already quite high.

elspeth

peter_s...@yahoo.com

未讀,
2020年3月14日 晚上11:21:532020/3/14
收件者:elspeth.diana、Houston Rationalists

Elspeth,

There are claims online, that health care overload is what finally prompted Italy to shut down.

This is just a claim and many factors were probably involved. However, Italian hospitals certainly reached the breaking point.

Thank you

Peter Schaeffer

回覆所有人
回覆作者