The GEMS Camp is Hiring Math and Science Teachers!

SAKI MILTON

Apr 27, 2024, 6:22:28โ€ฏPMApr 27
to Houston K-12 STEM Outreach
We're standing on business! Isn't that what the kids are saying these days?!? ๐Ÿ˜

All jokes aside, The GEMS Camp (Girls interested in Engineering, Mathematics, and Science) is hiring for July summer camps:
  • Texas Christian University (July 8th-11th)
  • Texas Southern University (July 8th-11th)
  • University of North Texas at Dallas (July 22nd-25th)
The Instructional Leader is a part-time paid instructional teaching position (independent contractor) reporting directly to the Camp Site Director. This role will be embraced by an upstanding certified teacher who exudes the qualities being taught to The GEMS Camp participants. Lesson plans and presentations are provided, but you can make modifications as needed. This summer's theme is STEMpower the vote -- Empowering girls through data science. We use an integrated STEM approach that is social justice-oriented, TEKS & NGSS-aligned, and supports the UN Sustainable Development Goals. We will hire six (6) subject matter experts (3 math/3 science) per site. Training and all supplies provided! ($750 stipend for the week: Mon-Thu, 1 hour/day of instruction)

The Instructional Leader is to consistently and sincerely serve academically and socially as a positive role model to all camp participants. Middle or high school certifications are welcome to apply. Complete job descriptions can be found on our website: https://www.thegemscamp.org/jobs

Join our winning team and contact Saki Milton, Founder & Executive Director, at 469-260-9806 or sa...@thegemscamp.org for details.