Fwd: Video Recording & Other Resources: Lessons from Seattle (Alternative Shelter & Village Forum)

Cassandra Robertson

Oct 19, 2020, 3:14:27 PM10/19/20
to Housing_A...@googlegroups.com

Good morning,  For those of you wanting to learn more about Village Projects in other parts of the NW, please see these recent video conferences:

Thank you all for your interest in the virtual event featuring guests from the Low Income Housing Institute (LIHI). It was great to hear from Andrew and Bradford on the evolution of tiny house villages in the Seattle/Greater Puget Sound area that are currently sheltering over 1,000 people per year.
Our community was able to hear some of the lessons LIHI has learned over the last five years as they have transformed from operating a single sanctioned tent camp to 11 tiny house villages in three cities. We were fortunate to have Andrew share his perspective as someone with lived experience.

The perspective brought by LIHI as a long-time low-income housing developer/operator and as an operator of three Urban Rest Stops was wonderful.

I would like to thank Carol Turner for moderating the second portion of the event and helping to plan it along with Amy Carolson. I would also like to give a special thanks to Tim McCormick for helping to make the event a success not least of all by contributing technical and organizational skills and his vast knowledge on history/policy of shelter and issues affecting unsheltered communities.

Feel free to send feedback to me and we look forward to continuing to work together to support our unsheltered community.

Best,
Sean

--
SEAN GREEN