I have some news I want to share

David Jackson

Mar 13, 2024, 12:12:15 AMMar 13
to Housing_A...@googlegroups.com
So as the subject line of this email says, I have some news that I want to share with everyone. And I really wish I could have done this in person, but I honestly just didn't get the chance. So here it goes. After almost 6 years of being here in Oregon, I have made the official decision to relocate out of Oregon, and I am heading back to Texas. Specifically I'm heading to San Antonio Texas. The big reason is basically Oregon is just way too expensive to live in, and the struggle to maintain housing is causing way too much stress. Of course Annette will be going with me, but she will be leaving 8 days after I will so that I have a chance to get to Texas, and start laying ground work for down there. I myself will be departing Monday night on a Flix bus heading south. I I wanted to thank everyone for all the good times and express my gratitude for the fact that I have gotten to know all of you. And I will miss you. But it's time to start a new chapter, and I just have a feeling that I will be able to continue doing work in Texas that I started up here. I will do my best to stay in touch as often as I can. Thanks everyone for being a part of my life, and may your journey through life be as smooth as it can be.

All my gratitude,
David Jackson

Annette Mills

Mar 13, 2024, 12:26:50 AMMar 13
to David Jackson, Housing_A...@googlegroups.com

Thank you for sharing this news with us, David.

It has been a pleasure to know you. We wish you all the best in San Antonio. Please stay in touch – and let us know how you’re doing!

Take care,

Annette

Annette Mills, Facilitator/Director (she/her/hers)

Corvallis Sustainability Coalition

www.sustainablecorvallis.org

541-230-1237 (No texting, please)

ami...@willamettewatershed.com

I live within the traditional homeland of the Ampinefu Band of Kalapuya.  Following the Willamette Valley Treaty of 1855 (Kalapuya …Treaty), Kalapuya people were forcibly removed to reservations at either Grand Ronde or Siletz. Today, the Kalapuya live on tribal lands or tribal-ceded lands throughout the region. Many Kalapuya are active members of the sovereign nations of the Confederated Tribes of the Grand Ronde or the Confederated Tribes of Siletz Indians. Kalapuya culture is alive.

--
——————
Housing Action Team | Corvallis Sustainability Coalition

VISION: All residents have access to affordable housing options. Housing is energy efficient, provides a healthy living environment, and reduces waste through recycling and preservation; and all new construction minimizes impacts on our resources and environment.

sustainablecorvallis.org/what-we-do/action-teams/housing
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Housing Action Team | Corvallis Sustainability Coalition" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/Housing_Action_team/CAJLNuO%2BVt5G%2Bk74KSxYChCyRKgWJ5eYPwTV7mL4E5cYD3-ZmHQ%40mail.gmail.com.