Housing Action Team Meeting - Monday 6/20/22 @ 12 noon

1 view

Annette Mills

Jun 19, 2022, 12:33:38 PM6/19/22
to Housing_A...@googlegroups.com, Hammond, Loma (SERM-Corvallis)

Hi, Housing Action Team members,

I hope you’re available to attend tomorrow’s meeting:

Housing Action Team

Monday, June 20, 2022 – 12 noon

Zoom link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/83185263360?pwd=NkUrVThjU2cyaEZmVmVJa0pld2ExZz09

We’ll begin with recognition of Juneteenth – why it’s such an important date in our country’s history and what we can do NOW to counter the lingering effects of slavery.

We’ll hear updates on two Housing Action Team projects:

·         Home Sharing Corvallis – Exciting news from Dawn

·         “Safe Shelter through Collaborative Care” – The virtual event we’re organizing for Wed 6/29/22 at 12 noon, co-sponsored by Unity Shelter

…and more!

Looking forward to seeing you,

Annette

Annette Mills, Facilitator/Director (she/her/hers)

Corvallis Sustainability Coalition

www.sustainablecorvallis.org

541-230-1237

I live within the traditional homeland of the Ampinefu Band of Kalapuya.  Following the Willamette Valley Treaty of 1855 (Kalapuya …Treaty), Kalapuya people were forcibly removed to reservations at either Grand Ronde or Siletz. Today, the Kalapuya live on tribal lands or tribal-ceded lands throughout the region. Many Kalapuya are active members of the sovereign nations of the Confederated Tribes of the Grand Ronde or the Confederated Tribes of Siletz Indians. Kalapuya culture is alive.